Bruno Tonioli, who was a judge for 18 years on Strictly Come Dancing, has apparently resigned.
It is thought that the choreographer and dancer from Italy will be leaving BBC Dance Contest after almost two decades. This disappointment has been felt by many.
He is the latest shakeup to the legendary competition. Strictly Pro Oti mabuse announced her exit from the show. She was quickly followed by Aljaz Skorjanec, who also quit earlier in the year.
The Daily Mail reported that his fans still have the opportunity to catch him on Dancing With The Stars, the US’ equivalent of Strictly.
According to an insider, Bruno has resigned from the show. From now on, he’ll be the judge on Dancing With The Stars only.
Fans of Strictly will not be surprised to learn that the 66 year-old had been replaced by Anton Du Beke, a former Strictly professional. Travel and Covid restrictions were the reasons for his absence. He was also seen briefly during the 2020 series via video conference.
Twitter has been filled with reactions from fans, many calling on Du Beke’s permanent replacement. One Strictly fan wrote, “Awww sorry @BrunoTonioli is leaving @bbcstrictly, he was fantastic!” It’s time for @TheAntonDuBeke to be the 4th judge.
Fans still have Strictly 2022 to look forward too in autumn, despite the disappointing news. There are also new celebrity contestants taking on the Foxtrot and Tango.
The line-up is expected to be revealed in August. Digital Spy reports that rumours are circulating that Andrew Garfield or Louis Theroux might be part of the All-Star Line Up for the forthcoming season.
Bruno Tonioli has confirmed he has left Strictly Come Dancing because his travel commitments have made it “impossible” to continue but praised his replacement, Anton Du Beke, for doing a “fantastic job” on the judging panel.15 hours ago
He told BBC’s The One Show on Thursday (19 May) that his travel commitments with the US show, which is filmed in Los Angeles, made it “unsustainable” for him to continue doing both but added he was sad to leave Strictly. “I miss it so much,” he said.2 hours ago
Bruno isn’t married but is thought to be in a long-term relationship with partner Jason Schanne, who he has been dating since 2010. In 2012, two years after the pair met, Bruno and Jason had a committed ceremony, which was attended by celebrities including Perez Hilton and Johnny Weir.04-Aug-2021
Bruno Tonioli has announced he is leaving Strictly Come Dancing after 18 years, with Anton Du Beke replacing him on the judging panel.2 hours ago
Bruno Tonioli exit confirmed for Strictly 2022 as Anton Du Beke returns. This year’s judging panel has been confirmed. Strictly Come Dancing has revealed its 2022 judging line-up, confirming that Bruno Tonioli will not be returning to the show this year.17 hours ago