RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
Microsoft OneDrive is one of the most popular and widely used cloud-based services for hosting and syncing files, developed by Microsoft itself. For example, Microsoft OneDrive comes pre-installed on the Windows 10 operating system, which is an advantage for most users.
Since nothing in the internet family is stable or bug-free, there may be bugs or issues with OneDrive during both installation and use. Here we have shared the possible workarounds to resolve the Microsoft OneDrive 004 7 error code in Windows 10.
Many Windows 10 OneDrive users have started reporting that for some unfortunate reason, they have encountered some kind of error code that prevents them from installing OneDrive on their PC. Basically, it means: OneDrive cannot be installed.
Several reports on the Internet indicate that a corrupt startup file can be one of the main causes of the OneDrive installation problem. However, this is not always the case and there may be other causes such as. For example the Windows registry, the Windows firewall, damaged certificates, viruses or malware, etc.
What caused the error when installing OneDrive with code 004 7 on Windows 10?
The OneDrive installation error code 004 7 can be caused by several issues that prevent a successful installation of OneDrive. Here are some of the most likely culprits:
- The Windows firewall is blocking the installation: An active internet connection is required to store and sync all your files on OneDrive. If Windows Firewall blocks certain installation files or the internet connection during the installation process, you may receive this error message.
- Third-party antivirus software blocks the installation: If your antivirus software blocks the installation files, you may get a OneDrive installation error.
- Tainted certificates: Misconfigured or corrupted certificates or network protocols can also cause an error. This is because the Internet cannot communicate with Microsoft’s servers.
- Corrupt installation files : If the application installation files are damaged, missing or corrupted, the application will not install correctly. This may be the case with OneDrive.
- Problems with the Windows Registry : Since the Windows registry is technically the hub of the operating system settings and installed Windows applications, any small issue that affects it can lead to various PC problems, such as B. OneDrive installation error.
Here’s how to fix the OneDrive 004 7 installation error code in Windows 10.
April 2021 Update:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. The tool also repairs common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software, you can quickly fix your PC’s problems and prevent others from getting them too:
- Step 1: Download the PC repair and optimization utility (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step Two: Click on the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may be causing PC problems.
- Step Three: Click the Fix All button to fix all issues.
An older version of Windows is prone to errors. If you encounter OneDrive installation error code 004 7 in Windows 10, the first thing you should do is install all pending updates.
Since Windows updates include advanced features and bug fixes, you can fix problems quickly by upgrading to the latest version of Windows.
Learn how to update Windows on your computer:
- Go to Settings and select Updates & Security.
- Now click on Check for updates and install the updates one by one.
- After you have downloaded all the updates, restart your computer and check if the error is fixed.
If an outdated version of Windows is causing problems on your computer, you can fix them by downloading the latest updates. Now you can install OneDrive without any problem.
Start SFC scan
Windows 10 is prone to bugs, but fortunately there are built-in diagnostics that make this operating system much more bearable. One such tool is the System File Checker (SFC), which scans protected system files, detects errors and attempts to correct them automatically.
If error 004 7 appears on the screen when you try to install OneDrive, try running an SFC scan. If the problem is caused by a system corruption error, an SFC scan will resolve the issue and you can install OneDrive without any problems.
Forced shutdown of OneDrive processes
Background processes can slow down your computer, and shutting them down can free up system resources for normal use.
If the OneDrive process is running in the background, try closing it. A background process can disrupt the system and prevent the installation of new programs. In this case, closing the OneDrive process may help to solve the problem on your PC.
This is how you do it:
- Type Task Manager in the search bar and click Open.
- On the Process tab, make sure OneDrive is active.
- If OneDrive is running, right-click on it and select End Task to close the application.
- Now right-click in the Start menu and open Windows Powershell (Admin).
- Type the following command in Windows Powershell and press Enter. Utility
/f /in OneDrive.exe
This will stop OneDrive and related processes running in the background. Now you can install OneDrive without any errors.
Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive
Attempting to install the latest version of OneDrive without uninstalling the previous version may result in error code 004 7. As a rule, older versions of programs block the installation of newer versions.
A simple but effective solution to this problem is to uninstall the previous version before trying to install the newest version. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Control Panel and click on Uninstall a program.
- Find OneDrive in the list of displayed programs and right-click on it.
- Now select Delete and follow the on-screen instructions to delete the OneDrive.
- Then restart the computer.
Here’s how. You can now install the latest version of OneDrive, and hopefully the 004 7 error will no longer appear on your screen.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
frequently asked questions
Go to the official download page of Microsoft OneDrive and click Download to download the latest OneDrive installation file. The download may take some time, please wait until it is finished. Now try to install Microsoft OneDrive. Now your problem should be solved.
- Open the startup dialog by pressing the Windows key and the R key.
- Copy and paste it into the dialog box and click OK. %localappdata%MicrosoftOneDriveonedrive.exe /reset.
- Manually restart OneDrive by going to Start.
- Make sure OneDrive is working.
- Make sure the file size does not exceed the 100 GB specified by OneDrive.
- Make sure you have the latest Windows updates and the latest version of OneDrive.
According to Microsoft, OneDrive’s error code 004de40 means that the app is having problems connecting to the cloud. And the main reason for this problem is a bad or unstable internet connection. Another way to check if your internet is working properly is to start a web browser and open different websites.
frequently asked questions
How do I fix the OneDrive 004 7 error?
Go to the official Microsoft OneDrive download site and click Download to download the latest and fresh OneDrive installation file. It may take a while to load, so wait until it’s done. Now try to install Microsoft OneDrive. Your problem should be solved now.
How do I fix my OneDrive installation?
How do I fix OneDrive errors?
en-us windows fix-on…