Enabling and using the Google Chrome playlist on Android
Do you know how to enable Google Chrome playlist on your Android smartphone? Google Chrome playlist is available on the iPhone and has quietly become a desktop browser. For some reason, it took a while for this option to appear on Android devices. If you want this feature to be available on your Android device, you can now activate it in just a few steps.
At the time of writing, Chrome’s playlist feature is only available on Android smartphones via Flagging. Gradually it will become a standard feature of the web browser, but for now this is the only way to enable or disable it.
Important Notice: There is a specific reason why Chrome reports features. They can be unstable and affect the performance of the web browser, or disappear without warning. If you wish to use flags, you do so at your own risk.
Read: Add web pages to your Google Chrome playlist on your desktop and mobile phone.
Enabling and using the Chrome playlist on an Android phone
We’ll show you how to enable and use Chrome’s playlist on your Android smartphone or tablet with chorme://flags. The following comments are for reference.
Enable Chrome playlist on Android
Fortunately, Android users can now enable Chrome’s playlist with chrome://flags in the steps below:
- Tap the Google Chrome app to open your tablet or Android phone.
- Now click on the address bar and type chrome://flags
- Go to the search field at the top of the page and type in a playlist. This will search for a flag with a similar name.
- Click on the drop-down menu here to read the list.
- Select Enabled from the pop-up menu.
- To apply these changes in Chrome, you will be prompted to restart the browser. At the bottom, press the Restart option and wait for the Chrome browser to open.
Select the playlist activation indicator.
Select the Enabled and Restart option to apply the changes to Chrome.
Read: How do I disable and delete my playlist in Google Chrome?
To use Chrome’s playlist on Android
Now that Chrome’s playlist indicator is enabled on Android devices, we can take advantage of this feature. Here we look at the first addition of pages to the reading list feature. You can add pages to the playlist in two ways.
First way to add pages to a playlist in Chrome
The first method is to use the chrome playlist and follow these instructions:
- Open your Chrome mobile app
- Just press and hold a link to open the context menu.
- Select Read later from the menu.
- It is then added
Read: To create a QR code URL in Google Chrome on Android
Second option for adding pages to the Chrome Reading List
The second way is to add pages to Chrome’s reading list when you’re already on the page. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Open the Chrome mobile app and tap the menu icon with the three dots in the top right corner.
- Now select the star symbol at the top of the menu.
- Select the Playlist option to add a page as the menu moves from bottom to top.
- Click again on the icon with the three dots in the top right corner to navigate through the playlist.
- Select the Bookmarks option from the
- Click on the playlist at the top of the bookmark page.
- You will see that the reading list is organized so that unread articles or pages are at the top and bottom of the read pages. These unread pages have been downloaded for offline reading.
Adding a Web page to the playlist
Accessing and using the playlist
To mark a web page as read, select it in the reading list or delete it. Then click on the icon with the three dots next to the web page and select one of the options (Mark as read, Select or Delete) from the menu.
Mark pages as read, select from playlist or remove from playlist
According to the discussion above, this is the only way to enable and use Chrome’s playlist. It will gradually become the default for the web browser, but until then, this is the only way to enable it on your Android device. If you are already using it elsewhere, it makes sense to skip the waiting period.
Read: How do I change the start page in Google Chrome for Mac or PC?
Default or disable playlist Chrome on Android
If you change your mind or for many other reasons, disable the Playlist option on your Android smartphone or tablet. These are the next steps:
- First, open the Google Chrome mobile application.
- Type chrome://flags into the address bar and select
- Click on the drop-down menu here to read the list.
- Select Standard or Off from the pop-up menu.
- To apply these changes in Chrome, you will be prompted to restart the browser.
- At the bottom, press the Restart option and wait for the Chrome browser to open.
Default or deactivated playlist indicator
Press Default or Disable and restart Chrome browser
frequently asked questions
How do I access the playlist in Chrome?
Read Now is already available as a default feature for iOS users, but you can also try it out on Android, Windows, and Mac by enabling the experimental flag in the stable version of Chrome. To find and enable the flag, open a new Chrome tab and go to chrome://flags/#read- later.
How to enable Chrome indicators on Android?
Just search for Smooth Scrolling in the search bar and enable Chrome Flag. Not only is this a great feature that Android users should enable, but it can also be used on Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS.
Do you need Google and Google Chrome on Android?
You can search in the Chrome browser. So in theory, you don’t need a separate Google search application. … Google Chrome is a web browser. You need a web browser to open websites, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be Chrome. Chrome happens to be the backup browser for Android devices.