If the drive is already partitioned, you can just format it from this PC. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Open this PC and locate your external storage device. Right click and choose Format.
- When the Format window opens, enter a disk label, select a file system type, and click Start to begin formatting.
- Wait until the drive is formatted.
After formatting the drive, you can access the external storage device without any problems. Remember that formatting deletes all files on the external storage device.
4. Consider using third-party software
If you have problems with corrupt folders on your PC, you can try to recover your files with file recovery software.
It should be noted that these instruments can produce different results depending on the level of corruption.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair Everything to fix problems with proprietary technologies.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the repair process replaces the damaged files with new files and Windows components.
If you are looking for a good file recovery software, we must recommend Recuva.
This tool is quite easy to use and with its help you can easily recover files from corrupted folders.
5. Check the status of the hard disk.
Corrupt folders can be a sign of a damaged hard drive. If you want to make sure that your hard drive is healthy and working properly, you should check its condition.
There are many third-party applications that can help you do this. In the past, we have discussed the best hard drive monitoring tools that you can use.
If you are looking for the best tool for this purpose, you should consider Iolo System Mechanic Pro.
If the hard drive is defective, consider replacing it and backing up your files.
If you need software that allows you to clone your hard drive to a new one, consider Paragon Backup and Restore 16.
With this software, you can clone your hard drive and move all your files easily. So, if you ever decide to buy a new hard drive and store all your files on it, you should consider this utility.
6. Try using the safe mode
- Open the Start menu and press the Power key. Now hold down the Shift key and click Restart.
- Now select Troubleshooting > Advanced > Boot Options from the menu. Press the reload button to continue.
- A list of options appears. Select a version in safe mode by pressing the appropriate button.
If you cannot open a particular folder on your computer because it is damaged, you should try to open that folder in Safe Mode.
If you’re not familiar with it, Safe Mode is a special section of Windows that works with default applications and settings, making it ideal for troubleshooting.
Once you are in safe mode, try to reopen the problematic directory.
7. Creating a new user profile
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings program.
- Go to Accounts.
- Now select Family & Others from the left menu. In the right pane, select Add another person to this PC.
- Pick. I have no information about this person’s reception.
- Now select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter the desired user name and click Next.
If you are having problems with corrupt folders, the problem may be related to your user profile. If your user profile is damaged, you can no longer access certain folders.
However, you can always get around this problem by simply creating a new user account. Then switch to the new account and see if the problem persists.
If you can open all folders without problems, it means that the problem is due to a corrupted account.
Since a damaged account cannot be restored, you need to transfer your personal files to the new account and use it as your main account.
Recovering a corrupted folder in Windows 10 can be a complicated process, but if you are experiencing a problem with a corrupted folder, don’t forget to try the chkdsk command.
If that doesn’t work, you may need to use another solution from this article.
Is there another problem?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool excellent review from TrustPilot.com (can be downloaded from this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Restore All to fix patented technology problems (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
frequently asked questions
How do I repair a damaged file?
How can I repair damaged files in Windows 10?
Corrupted system files…
How do I get rid of damaged and unreadable files?
how to fix corrupted files windows 10the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable network driveerror 1392 the file or directory is corrupted and unreadablethe file or directory is corrupted and unreadable hindithe file or directory is corrupted and unreadable folder in drivesetup.exe the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable,People also search for,Feedback,1:29[SOLVED] Hindi The File Or Directory Is Corrupted Or Unreadable …Tech Verma HindiYouTube – 19-Mar-2017,1:29,[SOLVED] Hindi The File Or Directory Is Corrupted Or Unreadable …,Tech Verma HindiYouTube – 19-Mar-2017,Tech Verma Hindi,YouTube – 19-Mar-2017,6:15[SOLVED] – The File Or Directory Is Corrupted Or Unreadable – Hard …super computer solutionYouTube – 28-Apr-2018,6:15,[SOLVED] – The File Or Directory Is Corrupted Or Unreadable – Hard …,super computer solutionYouTube – 28-Apr-2018,super computer solution,YouTube – 28-Apr-2018,2:42How to HDD directory Corrupted And Unreadable in hindiNIC COMPUTERSYouTube – 14-Dec-2018,2:42,How to HDD directory Corrupted And Unreadable in hindi,NIC COMPUTERSYouTube – 14-Dec-2018,NIC COMPUTERS,YouTube – 14-Dec-2018,See more,the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable folder in drive,how to fix corrupted files windows 10,setup.exe the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable,the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable delete,the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable please run the chkdsk utility,the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable network drive,error 1392 the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable