Although the number of active Facebook users has dropped significantly, Facebook Messenger is holding its own. And it is still in the top 5 messengers in the world, as many users remain loyal to it for various reasons. Recently, some users reported that Messenger was no longer showing notifications on their Android devices. If you are one of them, below you will find a way to solve this problem.
Table of contents :
- Clear the cache and the application data
- Checking notification settings
- Make sure the sender is not muted.
- Reinstall Facebook Messenger
Why am I not receiving notifications from Facebook Messenger?
You must first activate the Do Not Disturb option. Make sure it is disabled before proceeding with the other steps in the list. If you see notifications but do not hear a sound, check the sound settings of your system.
If the DND is disabled and the audible alarm is enabled, you need to reset the application. This is done by clearing Messenger’s cache and data. This allows you to exit Messenger and address a temporary stop in the application.
Follow these steps to clear Facebook Messenger’s cache and data:
- Open the settings.
- Select Apps.
- Tap All Applications (Application Manager or Manage Applications).
- Open Herald.
- Memory of the mouthpiece.
- First clear the cache, then the data.messages
- Restart your device and sign in to your Messenger account again.
If notifications from a particular app are not coming in, the most important thing to do is to check the notification settings. You should check the in-app notifications and system notifications settings to make sure notifications are actually enabled on your device for that particular app.
With that in mind, here’s what you need to do:
- Open Facebook Messenger.
- Click on your profile icon in the top left corner.
- Open notifications and sounds.
- Make sure notifications and preview notifications are enabled.
- Now swipe down on the quick settings and open the settings.
- Select Apps, and then open All Apps (on some devices, App Manager or Manage Apps).
- Open Messenger in the application list.
- Select Notifications.
- Now check all the options and make sure the notifications are displayed with sound. Make sure all Messenger notifications have priority.
As you may know, there is an option to disable notifications for a particular chat or user. You can do this in the application or in the notification screen. Time options include muting users/groups for 15 minutes, 1 hour, 8 hours, 24 hours, or until you manually turn on notifications.
If you have muted a user or group chat, you will no longer receive notifications. Therefore, you must ensure that the specified user/group/page is not muted.
Follow these instructions to check if a specific user is muted in your Facebook Messenger chat:
- Open Facebook Messenger.
- If you see a crossed-out bell symbol next to the chat, it means the chat is disabled.
- Tap and hold the chat until the pop-up menu appears.
- Then click on the crossed out conversation icon to mute the chat.
If Facebook Messenger is still not displaying notifications on your Android device, reinstall the application. You can also uninstall the Facebook app, to cover all possible reasons why Messenger notifications don’t arrive.
Follow these instructions to reinstall Facebook Messenger on Android:
- Again, go to Settings > Apps > All apps > Messenger.
- Uninstall the application and clear the cache and data when prompted.
- Go to the Play Store and install the application.
- Restart your device.
- Log on again.messages
And with that, we can stop for today. Thank you for reading. If you want to discuss this article further, as well as find other content, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
frequently asked questions
Why doesn’t my messenger show any notifications?
Why don’t I receive notifications when they are enabled?
Why isn’t Facebook showing my notifications?
Matter of community support.
Feedback,messenger preview not workingfacebook messenger notifications not working 2020why my messenger is not showing messagesfacebook messenger incoming call not showingmessenger not showing notifications iphonemessenger chat heads not showing notifications,People also search for,messenger not showing notifications iphone,messenger chat heads not showing notifications,facebook messenger not sending notifications,messenger notifications not showing on lock screen,messenger preview not working,facebook messenger notifications not working 2020,why my messenger is not showing messages,facebook messenger incoming call not showing