Graphic design is a field that has changed since the advent of the internet and the rise of design apps. The need for fast and efficient designs has become more important than ever and it is now possible to work on a Mac or PC, or use a remote Mac or PC via the cloud in order to save time and energy. The Top 3 Choices: We have already seen how Adobe’s Illustrator and Photoshop are now the industry leaders, but they are not the only options. In fact, they are actually the ones that don’t make it into the top 3.
If you’re a designer, you’ve probably been hearing a lot about software lately. The rise of AI in our lives has led to the rise of new graphic design tools like Adobe’s Illustrator and Sketch—while others are working hard to keep up, like Adobe’s new offerings. So, which software will be the industry’s best in 2020?
In the world of design, trends come and go, and today’s hot new medium is the space where the computer meets the world. Whether you are a designer, artist, contractor, gamer, or just a creative person, the world is full of opportunities that can only be realized with the help of computer graphics.. Read more about best graphic design software free and let us know what you think.
Graphic designers understand that in order to produce something really exceptional, they need the finest graphic design software available, along with all of the necessary tools and capabilities. Our selection of the top graphic design programs can assist you in determining which software is right for you.
We’ve outlined our evaluation of the best graphic design software below, which includes both commercial and free options.
- Adobe Photoshop is a software program that allows you to
- Designer by Affinity
- Illustrator (Adobe)
- Graphics Suite CorelDRAW
- Designer of Gravit
1. Photoshop (Adobe)
Many photographers and artists continue to use Adobe Photoshop as their primary graphic creation program. For many years, Photoshop has been the market leader, despite being more costly than many of its rivals. It is referred to as an all-in-one tool since it has all of the functions you need in one convenient package.
It includes a lot of built-in design tools for web and mobile applications, which is one of its greatest advantages. With hundreds of workspace configurations to select from, the interface has become very flexible. All of your work are readily available from any device thanks to Adobe’s integrated cloud.
With a regular monthly subscription, Photoshop becomes expensive over time. It is now available for $20.99 per month and can be used on both the iPad and the PC. They do provide a free trial period to determine whether you like it.
- A comprehensive collection of picture editing and modification tools.
- Built-in drawing and typographic tools.
- Design skills in 3D modeling.
- Cloud access and synchronized libraries
- The user interface is robust and configurable.
- Web and mobile compatibility.
- Content-Aware Crop, Face-Aware Liquify, Artboards, the Design Space view, touch, and pen capabilities are all available in the Creative Cloud.
- Purchase is costly (recurring fee) and there is no choice for a permanent license.
- With so many features, it may be daunting.
- Raster and vector images aren’t supported (SVG files).
Affinity Designer (version 2)
Affinity Designer is a new and exciting graphic design software that is a great and affordable alternative to Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
Designers like the grid UI because it gives them full control over objects, angles, gutters, and spacing, allowing them to place components as precisely as possible. This is particularly effective for video game visuals and iconography. The snapping tool gives you more control over a number of things. The software is dual-mode, which means you can do both vector and pixel art in the same workspace.
Another notable feature is the zoom function, which enables you to zoom out to a staggering 1,000,000 percent for extreme precision. Affinity Designer is priced at little under $50 for both Mac and Windows, with a $20 iPad version available. Before you purchase, you may try both the Mac and Windows versions.
- Sleek, contemporary user interface that offers unrivaled speed and precision.
- Without leaving your desktop, switch between raster and vector drawings with ease.
- There are no limits to how many artboards you may have.
- Grids with adjustable depth for positioning and precision.
- Photoshop and Illustrator are more costly.
- Make adjustments to several artboards at the same time.
- The iPad app is just as excellent as the PC version.
- It is not possible to export files to AI.
- There are certain tools in Illustrator and Photoshop that are missing.
- There is no natural perspective grid.
Adobe Illustrator (version 3)
Adobe Illustrator is often regarded as the finest design program available. Illustrator is marketed by Adobe as a professional tool for graphic artists. You may make whatever you need, including corporate logos, website and mobile mockups, page layouts, complex drawings, and more. It truly excels when it comes to generating vector graphics.
The cost of Adobe Illustrator prevents it from becoming the finest design program. It costs more than comparable applications, at $20.99 per month, with no option to buy a permanent license.
The most significant disadvantage of Illustrator is that it is not very user-friendly. For novice users, the powerful feature-packed UI may be perplexing and challenging.
- Workspace is highly configurable, with hundreds of predefined configurations to select from.
- On both Mac and Windows, it’s compatible with a wide range of devices.
- At the same time, you may work on several artboards.
- Positioning is simple using drag-and-drop.
- Small file sizes make it simple to share.
- Adobe Stock has millions of photos, layouts, videos, and graphics to choose from.
- Adobe typefaces are used.
- Import/export is simple with other Adobe programs.
- It’s more costly than the competitors and you’ll have to subscribe.
- The user interface is confusing and may be difficult for certain people to understand.
- It consumes a significant amount of machine resources.
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite (version 4)
In direct competition with Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite is one of the oldest rivals in the game. Despite their similarities, they accomplish the same job in distinct ways. CorelDRAW had the potential to be a competitor, but they ignored Mac support, losing the battle to Adobe.
CorelDRAW is a professional program with several unique features for its devoted users. The software is targeted for designers, and it integrates seven different programs into one convenient package. It’s a beast when it comes to creating complex vector drawings. It also comes with a built-in paint application (for picture editing), a font manager, a screenshot tool, and an HDR and RAW image editor—everything you need in one slick interface. CorelDraw Graphics Suite is available for $499 or a $249 yearly subscription, which enables you to get updates in advance.
- Pricing options include a subscription plan and outright purchase.
- It’s simple to exchange files among designers.
- There’s built-in functionality for desktop publishing.
- To expand its features, plugins are available.
- Designers may trade pictures, layouts, fonts, gradients, and more on this content exchange.
- A completely configurable user interface.
- Pointilizer for precise placement and a one-of-a-kind workplace.
- A strong application with a large feature set.
- Import EPS and PDF files with ease.
- Exports to 48 different file formats.
- Beginners will find it difficult to utilize.
- There is no mobile app.
Canva is one of the finest online graphic design programs. You may use this tool to generate, modify, and export files directly from your browser. Even for novices, Canva is simple to use, yet it lacks strong capabilities. It’s for those who wish to make social media images, flyers, or invitations.
The free version lacks many of the greatest features, so you won’t get much use out of it. It has a ton of templates to select from, allowing you to go from a blank canvas to a finished product in minutes. Membership determines pricing, and there are many levels to select from.
- It’s very simple to use.
- There are many different templates to select from.
- It’s ideal for social media art.
- A large collection of stock pictures.
- Every step of the way, there’s built-in assistance.
- Photo editing software is limited.
- Premium features are available for a fee.
- To utilize, you must first create an account.
- Capabilities are limited.
Figma is a new graphic design program on the block, but it’s already creating waves. It’s ideal for UX and UI designers, just like Sketch. Figma is rapidly becoming the finest graphic design software on the market, with hundreds of possibilities. Many Sketch users are switching to Figma since it competes with the Mac behemoth in terms of functionality. Figma’s real-time cooperation is one of its greatest features.
Figma is available for Windows, Mac OS X, Chrome OS, and Linux, making it accessible to everyone. Figma is a formidable rival to Sketch, although it pales in comparison to Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Figma has three price tiers: Free, Professional, and Organization, all of which have monthly costs (payable monthly or yearly).
- Runs as a web application that may be accessed from any platform.
- Without the performance problems, it runs smoother than Sketch.
- Excellent user interface that is simple to navigate and utilize.
- Frames are nested artboards.
- Grids, columns, and rows are all supported.
- Shape-making instruments that have been polished.
- It was a wise decision.
- Collaboration in real time.
- There are a few scaling problems that may be solved by utilizing groups.
- There are no sophisticated vector tools available.
For many years, Sketch has been the go-to graphic design software for Mac users. One of the greatest advantages is that it supports graphic rendering natively on Mac OS X. Many Adobe Photoshop users have switched to Sketch, but Figma’s latest improvements are luring them away. Sketch is a fantastic tool for creating user interfaces for desktop, mobile, and online applications. It’s feature-rich, with all the tools you’ll need to compete with Adobe Fireworks, which is no longer available.
Sketch is a vector-based software that comes pre-loaded with hundreds of iOS and other templates to get you started. Many custom plugins have been provided by the community to expand its features. With a one-time payment of $99 for a year, Sketch is a low-cost alternative. However, you will only be able to upgrade for one year. You’ll have to pay the same price next year if you want to see further improvements.
- To store your files, use the cloud workspace.
- This is a fantastic vector graphics design software.
- It’s a native app.
- Collaboration with other designers is simple.
- For display purposes, mirror patterns on bigger devices.
- Any layer or group may be exported as a PNG.
- Automatically saves your work so you don’t lose it.
- The UI is simple to use.
- App is only available for Mac.
- Upgrades are falling behind the competition.
- There are certain rendering problems and performance concerns.
- Not as well-polished as Figma or other similar programs.
- Capabilities for illustration are limited.
Gravit Designer, no. 8
Gravit Designer is another application that is completely web-based. It’s designed for product designers and web developers who need to generate high-quality vector drawings. The dashboard is easy to use and customize.
There is a restricted free version, but you can upgrade to the Pro version for $100 and get access to all of the exciting features.
- There is no need to install anything since it works in your browser.
- A user-friendly, contemporary UI.
- Both artboards and pages are supported.
- Support for many platforms (Linux, Windows. Mac, and Chrome OS).
- Templates for social media posts.
- Multiple file formats may be exported and imported.
- Cloud storage is limitless with the Pro edition.
- There isn’t any real-time cooperation.
- There is a lack of support.
- There are no smartphone prototypes available to test concepts.
- To utilize fonts and other features, you’ll need an online connection.
9. Start a family
Procreate is another another graphic design app, however it is only available for the iPad. This will be a deal-breaker for the majority of consumers. That said, it’s a strong, attractive application with a wonderful UI and sophisticated capabilities. It has a total of 128 brushes that may be customized.
Procreate is a delight to use and has received accolades from the design community. The price is $9.99, which is a bargain considering what you receive.
- Both right and left-hand orientations are supported.
- Large canvases up to 4K are supported.
- TIFF, PNG, PDF, JPEG, and PSD files are all supported.
- There are 250 levels of undo.
- You may export your pictures into a high-definition movie.
- There is no free trial version available.
- Only available on iPad.
- For new users, it may be difficult to utilize.
Some graphic artists swear by GIMP, an open-source, free program. However, due to the fact that it is free and open-source, there may be resource usage problems as well as lag time. To use GIMP, you’ll need a strong computer and some UI experience.
It’s adaptable and configurable, and there are a plethora of free plugins available to expand its capabilities. GIMP is constantly updated, and image processing is done using GEGL scripts. It is compatible with Mac OS X, Linux, Windows, and Chrome OS.
- Drawing and picture editing tools that are very powerful.
- Beginner tutorials are available.
- Layers are supported.
- It is entirely free to use.
- On a Mac, it’s not so good.
- Because it lacks a strong development community, support may be limited.
- It is required that you install it on your computer.
What are the most important characteristics of graphic design software?
Each graphic designer may have various objectives in mind when it comes to getting the most out of their program. The flexibility to personalize the interface will be crucial for some. Sharing data and gaining access to cloud resources will be crucial for others. Here are a few more things to think about:
- Interface that is intuitive and simple to utilize – You won’t be able to utilize the software if you can’t figure out how to use it. With the flexibility to personalize your canvas to fit how you work, a clean, easy interface is essential.
- Performance – If the software slows down your computer, it’s not going to be very helpful. When working with intricate drawings or graphics with a lot of information, you want fast rendering, smooth transitions, and a responsive software that doesn’t lag.
- Basic design tools should be included in every graphic design software, such as shape generation, a text tool with font changer, color selection, the ability to move and rearrange components with ease, and the ability to switch between color modes (RGB and CYMK).
- Pricing is a personal decision. You may choose a software that provides this if you are willing to pay a regular monthly charge to receive all of the newest and greatest updates. Some of these applications may be purchased outright, while others are available for free.
- Advanced design features – Each program has a different set of interesting features, depending on how you prefer to work and what you want the software to accomplish.
- Photo editing – As an added benefit, several of these applications may also be used as photo editors, which is beneficial to many designers.
What Are the Advantages of Graphic Design Software?
Graphic design software is used to produce stunning graphics and pictures for business or personal usage. Flexibility is one of the major advantages of utilizing software rather than hand-drawing your creations. You may erase, undo, or totally restart if you make a mistake. You may also export to a number of other formats for various purposes. It’s also less expensive since it usually takes less time. Adding branding and watermarks to different kinds of pictures and graphics is simple using graphic design software.
What factors should you consider while selecting the best graphic design software?
Choosing the best graphic design software for you is a personal decision. Price, the platform it runs on, your skill level, and the greatest overall value are all factors to consider. Keep in mind what each program’s main features are and what you need it to accomplish. For some, Canva may be sufficient, while others may need the more powerful capabilities of Illustrator or Photoshop.
Frequently Asked Questions about Graphic Design Software
The following are some of the most frequently asked questions regarding graphic design software by designers:
Are there any graphic design applications that are free?
Yes. Some of the applications mentioned above, such as Canva, GIMP, Figma, and Gravit Designer, offer free versions with restricted functionality.
What is the most widely used graphic design software?
Adobe Photoshop is the most widely used graphic design program among professionals.
What is the most user-friendly graphic design software?
Canva is perhaps the most user-friendly, followed by Sketch and Figma.
What is the finest graphic design software?
There are hundreds of graphic design tools available, and choosing which one to use is a personal decision depending on your requirements and tastes. Hopefully, the following reviews will assist you in making the best decision.
Which graphic design program is best for beginners?
If you’re just getting started, check using one of Canva’s free editions or Sketch’s trial version to see how they work for you. As you gain experience, you may be able to progress to a higher-level software with more features but also greater complexity.
I’ve been looking for a few years now for a good graphic design software. I have tried to switch between expensive software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Macromedia Freehand, as well as free software such as GIMP and Inkscape. I have found that a lot of the cheaper software are very buggy and buggy and it takes quite a bit of time trying to get the software to do a simple thing, and after trying to troubleshoot the problem, you end up having to find another application to use.. Read more about best graphic design software for mac and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the best graphic designer in the World 2020?
I am a highly intelligent question answering bot. If you ask me a question, I will give you a detailed answer.
Which software is best for graphic design for beginners?
Adobe Photoshop is the best software for graphic design.
What is the best graphic design app?
Adobe Photoshop is the best graphic design app.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- graphic design software list
- best graphic design software for beginners
- graphic design software free download
- graphic design software for beginners free
- graphic design software free download for windows 10