ESET Internet Security
Remove malware with this ESET tool that will restore order and protect your PC for a long time.
2. Use special cleaning tools
The recommended utility below is a powerful PC cleaner developed and maintained by Piriform Ltd.
It also utilizes some of the most powerful PC optimization tools, including a disk cleaner, registry cleaner, disk cleaner, disk scanner, duplicate finder, boot manager, program remover, etc.
However, the uninstaller will help you find and remove all programs associated with wab.exe process on your PC.
Follow the steps below to download, install and use the solution:
- Download the software via the link below.
- Install it and follow the instructions to complete the process.
- After installation, start the program and go to the Extras tab.
- In the Uninstall menu, locate the program to which the wab.exe file belongs and click the Uninstall button to start the uninstall.
- Then click on Registry Cleaner and look for issues to remove the software left behind by the program.
⇒ Get CCleaner
3. Recover damaged files with SFC
- Press the Windows key.
- Enter the command line in the search dialog box.
- When the results are displayed, click Run as Administrator to run the command line with full privileges.
- In the prompt window, type this string and press Enter :
- Wait for the FCS to start and follow the instructions.
- Then enter this string and exit.
- Image removal/cleaning/restoration
- Then restart the computer.
The System File Checker (SFC) utility checks files for system errors and corrects them. If you run this program, you can repair system files that are damaged by wab.exe file.
If the Scannow command stops before the operation is complete, read this complete guide to solve the problem.
4. Recommended tasks to perform after uninstalling wab.exe.
After deleting the wab.exe file, you should do the following on your computer to prevent this problem from happening again.
- Install a powerful antivirus program
Powerful software with anti-malware functions allows you to surf the Internet without the risk of being infected with malware.
The antivirus program recommended above is sufficient, but you can also try one of the best antivirus programs for routers, which will give you even better protection.
Frequent Windows updates from Microsoft keep your systems stable and protected against the latest threats. Moreover, Windows updates are known to fix problems such as the wab.exe malware.
To run Windows Update, do the following:
- Go to the Start menu, type update in the search box, and then click Check for updates to continue.
- In the Windows Update window, check for updates and install those that are available.
- Restart your Windows computer after the update is completed.
Other symptoms that may indicate a problem with your computer and wab.exe :
- when I try to open Word wab.exe – a problem in the registry or malware can cause the Word application to change to wab.exe.
- .exe files that are seen as wab.exe, then this is most likely an advanced malware problem that can be fixed with the tool in this article.
We hope our article helped you understand what wab.exe is, and we hope you can remove wab.exe malware and restore security to your PC. Please leave a comment if you have any questions or suggestions.
frequently asked questions
What is a WAB EXE?
How to remove an executable virus from the system?
Malpedia file system…
Is this EXE file safe?